Monday 3 August 2015

Portfolio Update: July'15


What an exciting month July has been; with the Greek crises and the tumble of the Chinese market.

Unfortunately, with my limited knowledge and lack of guts, I did not make any major move in the market. However, what I can do is to monitor the market closely and strictly adhere to my plans stated in this blogpost.

On a more upbeat note, I can see that my portfolio is growing and I have also fulfilled all my financial obligation for my upcoming wedding banquet. Hence, I anticipate a greater amount of savings in the coming months:D











Portfolio updates for the month of July'15:

  • Purchase 600 additional shares of STI ETF for $3.36 apiece. This brings the average price down to $3.42 for my total shares of STI ETF.

  • $6250 in cash was injected into the portfolio. This sum of money was from my annual job performance bonus.

  • $4000 cash was withdrawn from the portfolio for use in my upcoming wedding banquet. The price of love is not cheap:(

  • $1372.28 cash was withdrawn to pay for my school fees. Tertiary education is not cheap either. Especially if you are the one paying for it and not your parents :(:(

  • No dividends was received.

Actions I will take for August'15:

  • Should the price of STI ETF drop to $3.18, which is a 10% drop from its last high of $3.54, I  will make a purchase of about $3000 worth of STI ETF.

  • In the unlikely event that the price of STI ETF drop to $2.54, which is a 20% drop from the previous purchase price of $3.18, I will make an addition purchase of about $3000 worth of STI ETF. 

  • In the super unlikely event that the financial market implode and the price of STI ETF drop to $1.78, which is a 30% drop from the last purchase price of $2.54, I will make another purchase of about $3000 worth of STI ETF.
 
  • If the price of STI ETF does not drops to $3.18 but still remains below $3.30 until the last week of August, I will make additional purchase of 600 shares.

  • Lastly, I will be on the lookout to purchase equities with growth potential. These growth stock will constitute 10% of my equities portfolio as per my asset allocation planning for year 2015 (refer here)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post