Gosh, I have missed out on purchasing the VWRD at my target price of USD$66.63 due to the delay in setting up my Standard Chartered settlement account.
When I managed to get the account set-up, the price had already rose to $68.40. In my anxiety to purchase the VWRD as soon as I can, I made a blunder of purchasing S$6000 worth of VWRD instead of S$4000 for my first tranche.
We should never be hasty in our investment lest we make bad decisions. Much less a novice mistake like the one I just committed.
Anyway, here's a look at my portfolio at the end of Oct'15:
Portfolio updates for the month of October'15:
- Purchase 500 additional shares of STI ETF at $2.84 apiece. This brings the average price down to $3.23 for my total shares of STI ETF.
- Kick start my purchase of VWRD by purchasing 60 shares at USD$68.40 (S$95.96) apiece.
- $600 in cash was injected into the portfolio.
- No dividends received for the month of October'15.
Actions I will take for November'15:
- In the event that the price of STI ETF drop to $2.84, which is a 20% drop from the 52weeks high of $3.55, I will make an addition purchase of about $3000 worth of STI ETF.
- In the super unlikely event that the price of STI ETF drops to $1.988, which is a 30% drop from the last purchase price of $2.84, I will make another purchase of about $3000 worth of STI ETF.
- If the price of STI ETF does not drops to $2.84 but remains below $3.00 until the last week of November, I will make additional purchase of about $2000 worth of STI ETF.
Moving on to my plans for
- Continue my purchase of VWRD by investing my second tranche of S$5000 when the price of the VWRD drops to USD$54.72, which is a 20% drop from my last purchase price of USD$68.40.
- The third and last tranche of S$4000 will be vested when the price of VWRD drops to USD$38.30, which is a drop of 30% from the last purchase price of USD$54.72.
- In the event that the VWRD does not drop to my target price of USD$54.72 and USD$38.30, the second tranche of S$5000 and the final tranche of S$4000 will be vested by the end of March'16 and the end of June'16 respectively.